I have been using the Vanguard PH-111V for the last two years and for the most part it has served me well. I want to start by saying that I am in no way affiliated with Vanguard and I am not getting paid for this review. This is simply my thoughts on what this fluid head has to offer to the outdoor videographer.
First and foremost, this fluid head’s price point is very reasonable compared to other fluid heads in the market. On Amazon, the PH-111V runs at only $70. The words “Cheap” and “fluid head” don’t belong in the same sentence. Honestly, this was the best I could find as far as quality and low pricing. So let’s dive into some of the specs, pros and cons of the PH-111V fluid head.
- Compact and lightweight 2-way fluid video pan head for smaller HD camcorders
- Dual safety lock and DIN standard quick shoe (QS-36 included)
- Handle with rubber grip can be installed from the front or back
- Smooth pan and frontal tilt +60 ~ -90 degrees
- 360-degree rotation
- Supports up to 4.4 pounds
- Product weight: 14.1 ounces
- Short Handle
- Vertical tilt has a tendency to stick
- Not recommended for larger sized cameras
- Smooth panning
- After the initial stick is out of the way- tilt is smooth
- Great for DSLR cameras when using a small to medium size lens
- ¼” and 3/8” fitting on the base of the head, so it is compatible with any tripod and slider
- Weighs less than 1 lb.- very light weight
Overall, I purchased this fluid head for three main reasons: inexpensive price, smooth panning capabilities and its light weight. I strongly recommend this for any beginning fluid head user. So far I have been happy with its performance, and in my opinion, the quality matches its price point. Thanks for reading and before you go, check out my review video for the Vanguard PH-111V!